It turns out there’s far more great roots music around NYC than I’d thought! How come it’s harder to go hear it than staying home to watch Law & Order reruns? Well, if you have all the info at your fingertips, at least one obstacle’s removed. So here we are—conveniently online all the time, and mobile, too.
Jim’s Roots and Blues Calendar is dedicated to New York City area live bluegrass, old time, string band, blues, early jazz and more—mainly acoustic. It’ll be easier to find now, and that’s better for everybody–audiences, musicians and venues, alike.
So far, here’s what we’ve got:
- Up-to-date calendars for nearby music, jams, festivals & workshops
- Events listed with complete addresses, links & contact info when possible
- A large and growing list of venues with links, contact info, maps and complete addresses to feed your GPS’s
- Band, services and resource links
- An east way to post your events and services
- And it’ll work on your mobile, so you can find it all on the go!
I’ll continue to work out bugs, tweak and iron out software snags, with hopes of becoming a valuable service to our community. Future possibilities include news, reviews, classified ads and forums. Drop me a line with suggestions or ideas.
I hope if you like the site be sure to link to it, and share it with friends. That’s it for now. Now go make or hear some live music!